Terms & Conditions
Welcome to www.yogamu.org (the “Site”). The Site is comprised of various web pages, services and/or products operated and/or sold by Yogamu, LLC (“Company” or “we”). The Site and Company’s services and/or products are offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein (the "Terms"). Your use of the Site constitutes your agreement to all such terms. By visiting the Site and/or engaging the services and/or purchasing the products of Company, you, the User, engage in our “Services” and agree to be bound by these Terms, including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms apply to all users of the Site, including, without limitation, users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants and/or contributors of content.
Please read these terms carefully, and keep a copy of them for your reference. If you do not agree to all the Terms, then you may not access the Site or use any services offered by Company. Company reserves the right to update, change and/or replace any part of these Terms by posting updates and/or changes on the Site. Use of or access to the Site following the posting of any changes to these Terms constitutes acceptance of such changes.
Yogamu provides recorded classes (e-learning) as well as live classes, downloadable materials, website services for yoga teachers and links to other resources that help users become yoga teachers (collectively the “Yogamu content”) streamed over the Internet to certain Internet-connected computers and/or other devices.
As used in these Terms and Conditions, “Yogamu service,” “our service” or “the service” means the personalized service provided by Yogamu for discovering and watching Yogamu content, including all features and functionalities, recommendations and reviews, the website, and user interfaces, as well as any and all content and software associated with our service.
Please take a moment to carefully read through these Terms and Conditions.
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. Visiting the Site or sending emails to Company constitutes electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
The Site may include certain features or services that are available via your mobile phone (the “Mobile Services”). You may have the option to provide your mobile number in the registration process as part of your contact information. By using the Mobile Services of Company by providing your mobile number as a contact point, you agree that Independent may communicate with you by short message service (“SMS”), multimedia messaging service (“MMS”), text message and/or any other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services may be communicated to Company. You understand that your carrier’s normal messaging, data and other rates and fees will apply to these Mobile Services and other communications, and you should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost.
- LINKS TO THIRD-PARTIES SITES AND/OR THIRD-PARTY SERVICES. The Site may contain links to other websites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under the control of Company and Company is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. Company is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Company of the site or any association with its operators.
Certain services made available via the Site are delivered by third party sites and organizations. By using any product, service or functionality originating from the Site, you hereby acknowledge and consent that Company may share such information and data with any third party with whom Company has a contractual relationship to provide the requested product, service and/or functionality on behalf of the Site’s users and customers.
- ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS & TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION. Company is not responsible if information on the Site is not accurate, complete and/or current. Any and all material on the Site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions. Any reliance on the material on the Site is at the user’s own risk.
- MODIFICATION TO COMPANY’S SERVICES AND/OR PRICES. Prices for our services are subject to change without notice. Company reserves the right at any time to modify and/or discontinue the services it offers (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time. Company shall not be liable to any users of the Site for any modification, price change, suspension and/or discontinuance of the services it offers.
- COMPANY’S SERVICES. You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your country, to become a member of the Yogamu service. Individuals under the age of 18, or applicable age of majority, may utilize the service only with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian, under such person’s account and otherwise subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Company does not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personal information from persons under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you may use the Site only with permission of a parent or guardian.
During your Yogamu membership, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access the Yogamu service and view Yogamu content through the service. Except for the foregoing, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order/membership at any time for certain reasons including, but not limited to: product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order and/or any other reasons.
You may view Yogamu content primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer our service and have licensed such content. The content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location and will change from time to time.
The Yogamu service, including the content library, is regularly updated. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including but not limited to our website, user interfaces, promotional features and availability of Yogamu content.
Some Yogamu content is available for download and offline viewing on certain supported devices (“Offline Titles”). Limitations apply, including restrictions on the number of Offline Titles per account, the maximum number of devices that can contain Offline Titles, the time period within which you will need to begin viewing Offline Titles and how long the Offline Titles will remain accessible.
Company reserves the right to limit the rendering of its services to any person, geographic region and/or jurisdiction for any reason whatsoever in Company’s sole discretion. Company may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. All descriptions of services or services pricing on the Site are subject to change at any time without notice at the sole discretion of Company. Company does not warrant that the quality of its services and/or information obtained by a user of the Site will meet the user’s expectations or that any errors in the services offered by Company will be corrected.
User is solely responsible for creating and implementing User’s own decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the User’s use of the Site, services and/or products of Company. As such, User agrees that Company is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by Company, the Site and/or products of Company.
You agree to use the Yogamu service, including all features and functionalities associated therewith, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, or other restrictions on use of the service or content therein. Except as explicitly authorized in these Terms, you agree not to circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any of the content protections in the Yogamu service; use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Yogamu service; decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Yogamu service; insert any code or product or manipulate the content of the Yogamu service in any way; or use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method. We may terminate or restrict your use of our service if you violate these Terms or are engaged in illegal or fraudulent use of the service.
The quality of the display of the Yogamu content may vary from device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. Yogamu makes no representations or warranties about the quality of your watching experience on your display. The time it takes to begin watching Yogamu content will vary based on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, your location, available bandwidth at the time, the Yogamu content you have selected and the configuration of your device.
Yogamu software may solely be used for authorized streaming and viewing of content from Yogamu. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities may also differ between devices. By using our service, you agree to receive, without further notice or prompting, updated versions of the Yogamu and related third-party software. If you do not accept the foregoing terms, do not use our service.
- PASSWORD & ACCOUNT ACCESS. The member who created the Yogamu account and whose Payment Method is charged (the “Account Owner”) has access and control over the Yogamu account and is responsible for any activity that occurs through the account. To maintain control over the account and prevent anyone from accessing the account (which could include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should maintain control over the devices that are used to access the service and not reveal the password or details of the Payment Method associated to the account to anyone.
You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, Yogamu or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity. Yogamu is not obligated to credit or discount a membership for holds placed on the account by either a representative of Yogamu or by the automated processes of Yogamu.
- PAYMENT & BILLING TERMS. All prices are quoted in the denomination stated. To make a purchase, you must provide a valid debit or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or any other issuer accepted by us) (“Payment Provider”). Your Payment Provider agreement governs your use of the designated debit or credit card, and you must refer to that agreement and not the Terms to determine your rights and liabilities. By providing Company with your debit or credit card number and associated payment information, you hereby authorize Company immediately charge your debit or credit card for all fees and charges due and payable to Company hereunder or credit your debit or credit card for any refunds owed and that no additional notice or consent is required. You agree to immediately notify Company of any change in your billing address or the debit or credit card used for payment hereunder. Company reserves the right at any time to change its prices and billing methods, either immediately upon posting on the Site or by e-mail delivery to you.
All content included as part of the Service, such as text, graphics, logos, images, as well as the compilation thereof, and any software used on the Site, is the property of Company and protected by copyright and other laws that protect intellectual property and proprietary rights. You agree to observe and abide by all copyright and other proprietary notices, legends or other restrictions contained in any such content and will not make any changes thereto.
You will not modify, publish, transmit, reverse engineer, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, found on the Site. Company content is not for resale. Your use of the Site does not entitle you to make any unauthorized use of any protected content, and in particular you will not delete or alter any proprietary rights or attribution notices in any content. You will use protected content solely for your personal use, and will make no other use of the content without the express written permission of Company and the copyright owner. You agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights in any protected content. We do not grant you any licenses, express or implied, to the intellectual property of Company or our licensors except as expressly authorized by these Terms.
- INTERNATIONAL USERS. The Site is controlled, operated and administered by Company from our offices within the United States. If you access the Site from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. You agree that you will not use the Company content accessed through the Site in any country or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations.
- INDEMNIFNICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Company, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) relating to or arising out of your use of or inability to use the Site or services, any user postings made by you, your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party, or your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. Company reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Company in asserting any available defenses.
- DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES & LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. The information and services included in or available through the Site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. Company may make improvements and/or changes in the site at any time.
Company makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information and/or services for any purpose. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, all such information, products and services are provided "as is" without warranty or condition of any kind. Company hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to this information and services, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Company be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Site or offered Services, with the delay or inability to use the Site or related services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information and services obtained through the Site, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Site, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if Company has been advised of the possibility of damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the Site, or with any of these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site and/or the services and products of Company.
No information provided by Company to you constitutes legal, career and/or any other type of professional advice on Company’s part. Your use of the services and/or products of Company does not form an attorney-client, employer-employee or any other professional relationship between you and Company.
All information provided by Company are to be relied on at your own risk. Company makes no representations and/or warranties about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information provided by Company to you for any purpose.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Company, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, suppliers or licensors be liable to any person for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, cover or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for lost profits, revenue, sales, goodwill, use of content, impact on business, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity) however caused, under any theory of liability, including, without limitation, contract, tort, warranty, breach of statutory duty, negligence or otherwise, even if the liable party has been advised as to the possibility of such damages or could have foreseen such damages. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the aggregate liability of Company and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers and licensors relating to the services will be limited to the amount being the greater of One U.S. Dollar ($1.00) or any amounts actually paid in cash by you to Company for the prior one (1) month period prior to the first event or occurrence giving rise to such liability. The limitations and exclusions also apply if this remedy does not fully compensate you for any losses or fails of its essential purpose. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of certain warranties, so certain limitations in this section may not apply to you.
- GOVERNING LAW.These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, U.S.A. without regard to conflict of laws’ provisions. These terms will not limit any consumer protection rights that you may be entitled to under the mandatory laws of your state of residence.
- UNSOLICITED MATERIALS. Yogamu does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for Yogamu content, and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to Yogamu. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against Yogamu and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is substantially similar to the material or idea you sent.
- ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT. Company is committed to promoting digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for all Site visitors and applying the relevant accessibility standards. Company has taken careful measure to ensure an excellent user experience, regardless of the assistive technology being used to access this Site. Despite our efforts to ensure accessibility of this Site, there may be some limitations. When third party components or websites are used on the Site which are not controlled by Company, they may present challenges for individuals with disabilities that Company is not able to remedy. Despite Company’s efforts to make Site browsing accessible for people with disabilities, some pages may not be accessible, or the appropriate technological solution has not yet been found for a variety of reasons. Company is dedicated to keep improving the accessibility features and interface of our Site. If you’d like any further information on our accessibility standards, please contact Company at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FEEDBACK.Yogamu is free to use any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us (“Feedback”), including responses to questionnaires or through postings to the Yogamu service, including the Yogamu website and user interfaces, worldwide and in perpetuity without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the Yogamu service. In addition, you agree not to enforce any “moral rights” in and to the Feedback, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- STUDENT CONDUCT. We expect all students to follow a strict moral conduct as laid out in Patanjali's Yamas. At all times, behavior has to be kind and respectful to other students and the staff of the school. Violations of these rules lead to expulsion from the school.
- CERTIFICATIONS. Some courses allow registration with thirty-party organizations such as World Yoga Federation, Yoga Alliance, Meditation Alliance International and others. As these organizations are not in our control, we cannot guarantee that they will accept your registration or any other service they may offer.
- CHANGES TO TERMS &/OR SERVICES/PRODUCTS. Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change the Terms under which the Site, services and/or products are offered. The most current version of the Terms will supersede all previous versions. Company encourages you to periodically review the Terms to stay informed of our updates.
- SURVIVAL. If any provision or provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall be held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Assignment. We may assign our agreement with you to any affiliated company or to any entity that succeeds to all or substantially all of our business or assets related to the applicable Yogamu service.
- CONTACT US. Company welcomes your questions or comments regarding these Terms and Conditions. If you believe that Company has not adhered to these Terms and Conditions, please contact Company at: email@example.com
Effective January 2022