Kids Yoga (YACEP)
Join this foundational course on the journey of the development of children and the benefits of introducing yoga to kids as they grow. This course gives basic information on how to adjust yoga classes for kids at different stages of their life according to their development to help them understand the constant changes and challenges of their inner and outer worlds.
Always more research and hands-on practice will further your experience and comfortability on the topic. There are some agreed-upon concepts but remembering each kid is different as are the demands that are placed on them from peers or parental figures.
Join us to gain some insights and help make yoga accessible for all ages. Give them the tools that they need in order to cope with daily stressors and life situations that they can carry with them for the rest of their journey through life.
Kids yoga is a fun and active way for kids to explore their creativity and learn about their bodies and the world around them. In this course, yoga teachers will learn how to lead kids in yoga poses and games, while teaching them about breathwork and meditation. This course is perfect for those who want to work with kids in a fun and active environment.
You will be eligible for 20HR of continuous education hours (YACEP) with Yoga Alliance
• Completely self-paced! Start at any time and complete at your own pace.
• 30H Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider hours
• Ask questions about your personal or students practice
• YOGA FOR CHILDREN
• BENEFITS OF YOGA FOR CHILDREN
• CHILDREN’S DEVELOPMENT STAGES
• GUIDELINES FOR TEACHING KIDS
• KIDS ASANA
• PREPARATORY POSES
• STANDING POSES
• FLOOR POSES
• PARTNER POSES
• KIDS PRANAYAMA
• SONGS AND KIRTAN
• YOGA GAMES AND THEMES
• MEDITATION AND RELAXATION
• SEQUENCING A CHILDREN’S YOGA CLASS
• YOGA FOR TEENAGERS
• BENEFITS OF YOGA FOR TEENS
• TEENAGE DEVELOPMENT STAGES
• GUIDELINES FOR TEACHING TEENS
• TEENAGERS ASANAs
• PARTNER YOGA
• GROUP WORK
• TEENS PRANAYAMA
• TEENS MEDITATION
• YOGIC PHILOSOPHY
• SEQUENCING A TEEN YOGA CLASS
With Tamlyn Cohen, lead teacher at Yogamu